Web Design Virginia
Social Media Optimization – Add Social Media Signature
Instructions for Outlook (This tutorial is written by Microsoft Corporation)
Add Facebook and Twitter icons to your email signature
You can create personalized signatures for your email messages that include an icon for Facebook, Twitter, or other social media sites. When the message recipient clicks the icon in the signature, a new web browser window opens and your social media account appears.
Your signature can automatically be added to outgoing messages, or you can manually add the signature to only the messages that you choose.
Create a signature
- For each icon that you want to use in your email signature, right-click the icon below, and then click Save picture as. Save the icon to your computer.
2. Open a new message. On the Message tab, in the Include group, click Signature, and then click Signatures.
4. Type a name for the signature, and then click OK.
5. In the Edit signature box, type the text that you want to include in the signature such as your name, phone number, or website address.
6. To format the text, select the text, and then use the style and formatting buttons to select the options that you want.
9. In the Address box, type the URL or web address for your Facebook, Twitter, or social media account that corresponds to the icon.
10. Click OK.
11. Repeat steps 8-10 for each icon that you added in step 7.
12. To finish creating the signature, click OK.
Add a signature to messages
Signatures can be added automatically to all outgoing messages, or you can choose which messages include a signature.
Note Each message can contain only one signature.
Insert a signature automatically
- On the Message tab, in the Include group, click Signature, and then click Signatures.
2. Under Choose default signature, in the E-mail account list, click an e-mail account with which you want to associate the signature.
3. In the New messages list, select the signature that you want to include.
4. If you want a signature to be included when you reply to or forward messages, in the Replies/forwards list, select the signature. Otherwise, click (none).
5. Insert a signature manually
6. In a new message, on the Message tab, in the Include group, click Signature, and then click the signature that you want.