What are the must-haves for a daycare school website?
If you are interested in creating a daycare website keep reading to learn the must-haves for your website. Or call 800-657-5432 to discuss your website requirements and to learn more about our web design services
Creating a website for a daycare involves thoughtful planning to ensure that it effectively communicates essential information and establishes trust with parents and guardians. Not only do you want to make sure you stand out from the competition, but you also want to let parents know that you’re the perfect daycare for them.
Here’s a list of essentials for a daycare website:
A daycare color scheme should be inviting, bright and charming. Yellow paired with green, blue or red is a great color for daycare. It’s bright and cheery, so it’s a great choice for spaces where kids should be feeling excited, content, and happy. You can go for orange-based or just pure yellow.
- Warm Welcome: Include a friendly and welcoming message on the homepage.
- High-Quality Images: Use high-resolution images that showcase the daycare facilities, staff, and happy children.
- Quick Navigation: Ensure easy navigation to key sections of the website.
- Mission Statement: Clearly state the mission and values of the daycare.
- Staff Information: Introduce key staff members with photos and bios.
- Facility Details: Provide information about the daycare’s location, infrastructure, and safety measures.
Programs and Curriculum:
- Outline the educational philosophy and approach.
- Detail daily schedules and activities.
- Include information about age-appropriate curriculum.
- Application Process: Clearly explain how parents can apply for enrollment.
Fees and Payment: Provide transparent information about fees, payment schedules, and any financial assistance options.
- Policies and Procedures: Share daycare policies, including hours of operation, sick policies, and emergency procedures.
- Parent Handbook: Offer a downloadable handbook with detailed information for parents.
- Forms: Provide downloadable enrollment forms and other necessary paperwork.
- Clearly display contact details, including phone numbers and email addresses.
- Include a map or directions to the daycare.
- Feature positive testimonials from current or past parents.
- Consider adding video testimonials for a personal touch.
- Share updates, news, and educational content.
- Keep parents informed about events and activities.
- Display a gallery of images showcasing the daycare environment, activities, and events.
- Ensure that you have parental consent before using children’s photos.
Adding FAQs to your daycare web page can be a great way to give parents more info while they’re on your website. Parents who check out your FAQs and keep going to your contact form have a better understanding of your policies. Address common questions that parents might have. Cover topics such as security measures, food policies, and daily routines.
Responsive Design (Mobile friendly web design)
The use of smartphones and tablets for online activities is on the rise, and the same can be said for daycare searches. As parents with young children are frequently on the go, it is highly probable that their daycare search will be conducted on their mobile device. Therefore, ensure that your daycare website is mobile-friendly and accessible on all devices.
Social Media Integration:
- Link to your social media profiles to build an online community and share updates.
- Include a contact form for inquiries, feedback, or scheduling tours.
Security and Privacy:
- Assure parents of the security measures in place to protect their children.
- Provide emergency contact information and procedures.
- Include information about how parents will be notified in case of emergencies.
Accreditations and Certifications:
- Display any relevant accreditations or certifications that the daycare has received.
- Keep parents informed about upcoming events, holidays, and special activities.
Remember, simplicity and clarity are key. Ensure that your website is fast loading, easy to navigate and that information is presented in a clear and concise manner. Regularly update the content to keep it current and relevant. Find out about our hosting packages.