Beware for parties calling and selling services claiming to have a special relationship with or claiming to be Google. These parties are telemarketers that are NOT affiliated with Google and are trying to leverage the Google brand to sell your business some type of online service.
Some things to remember:
- Google will not place robocalls.
- Google will not call you to “claim your free website”
- Google will not call you to “update your listing”
- Google will not call you to advertise their services
- Google does not call you to charge for inclusion in Google Search or Places. You cannot lose your Google Listings or your Google Business Page unless you give out the PIN number from the postcard that Google mails you for verification.
- When somebody tells you they can make you # on Google, do not trust them.
If you ever receive a call where they claim they are from or have a special partnership with Google then it’s a scam.
If you have an Adwords account and somebody claims that they have been appointed to help you for free and ask you to give them access to the account, do not oblige them! Google already has access to your account. They do not call advertisers to ask for access.