WordPress Releases A New Version
WordPress 4.5 was released in April 12, 2016. The new version is named “Coleman” in honor of jazz saxophonist Coleman Hawkins. Some of the new features are:
- Less Distractions and Easy Linking. The interface is less distracting interface and allows you to easily link to your content.
- Formatting Shortcuts for horizontal line and <code> element
- Live responsive previews – the customizer has device icons. Click on the icon to view your website on desktop, mobile or tablet
- Upload logos for your business and brand with WordPress themes Twenty Sixteen and Twenty Fifteen using the customizer
- Smart image resizing
- Java script library updates
How will this impact your WordPress Theme and Plug-ins?
It’s time for WordPress Maintenance! Back up your WordPress database and plugins before your update! You could have compatibility problems. Theme web developers and plug-in authors around the world are scrambling to update their themes.
Keep up with WordPress updates
WordPress regularly updates its core version at times with slight modifications and sometimes with major changes. It is important to keep your website updated. However, make sure your backup your website before you apply updates. Delete inactive plug-ins. Delete plug-ins that have not been updated for over a couple of years.
If you want your website to perform well you should optimize your database regularly. Furthermore, optimize your images. If your image file size is large it will impact the performance of your website.
NetQwik is a Washington, D.C web design and web development company, providing innovative, creative digital services to businesses who want to grow online. We are your website design and marketing partner. We focus on results. We use our technical skill and industry insight to help you meet your business goals. Talk to us about your project and find out how we can help you – we would love to hear from you.